This is a meal that is pretty quick to make but tastes as if you took a long time. Truly tasty and a family favorite.
Chicken Parmesan Burgers
• 1 lb. ground chicken
• ¼ c. Italian salad dressing
• ¼ c. breadcrumbs
• 4 sandwich rolls (I used ciabatta rolls)
• 1 c. pizza or marinara sauce
• 2 tomatoes, sliced
• 4-8 slices of provolone or mozzarella (or 2 c. shredded Italian cheese)
1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees F.
2. Stir together chicken, salad dressing, and breadcrumbs. Shape meat into four patties sized to fit your buns.
3. Slice buns in half. Spread 2-3 tablespoons of sauce on the top half of each bun, and arrange tomato slices on the bottom half. Cover each side with cheese. Arrange prepared buns on a baking sheet, and bake for 10 minutes until cheese is melted and bubbly.
4. Meanwhile, spray a large skillet with cooking spray and heat over medium-high heat. Cook burger patties for 5-7 minutes per side, until cooked through.
5. Place a chicken patty on the tomato side of each bun, and cover with the sauce side.