Tuscan Garlic & Herb Whole Roasted Chicken
• 1 Whole Chicken, giblets removed
• 1 cup Garlic & Herb Sauce
• 3/4 tsp. Salt
• ¼ tsp. Ground Black Pepper
• 20 cloves Spice World Garlic, peeled and sliced (about 2 heads)
• ½ Lemon
1. Preheat oven to 350°. With fingers, carefully loosen skin around the chicken breast, leg and thigh. Using a basting brush, smear ½ cup garlic & herb sauce under the loosened skin. Place sliced garlic cloves under skin and in chicken cavity.
2. Squeeze one lemon half into the cavity, then insert the squeezed rind into the cavity. Season with salt and pepper.
3. Remove outer skin from whole garlic (leaving bulb intact). Slice top off and place inside cavity.
4. Baste inside of cavity with ¼ cup garlic & herb Sauce.
5. Close chicken openings with skewers. Tie the drumsticks together with kitchen string and place breast side up on a roasting pan rack. Baste skin with remaining ¼ cup of garlic & herb sauce, coating evenly.
6. Bake, uncovered, for 20 min/lb. or until a meat thermometer in the thickest portion of the breast registers 165°. (Tent with foil if skin has browned before chicken is done.)
7. Remove to warm platter; rest 15 min. before carving. Serve immediately with easy garlic & herb Roasted Potatoes made with roasted garlic & herb sauce.