SPICY TOMATO & SHRIMP PASTA
• 8 oz. fettuccine
• 2 Tbsp olive oil
• 1 Tbsp butter
• 4 cloves garlic
• ½ lb. peeled & deveined shrimp (41/50 size)
• 1 (15. oz.) can diced tomatoes
• ¼ tsp crushed red pepper flakes
• ¼ tsp salt
• Freshly cracked pepper to taste
• Handful fresh parsley
1. Bring a large pot of water to a boil, add the pasta, and continue to boil for 7-10 minutes, or until tender. Drain the pasta in a colander.
2. While the pasta is cooking, add the olive oil and butter to a large skillet and place over medium heat. Mince the garlic while waiting for the butter to melt.
3. Rinse the shrimp with cool water and allow the excess water to drain away. Add the shrimp and minced garlic to the skillet. Sauté the shrimp and garlic for 3-5 minutes, or just until the shrimp turns opaque and slightly pink (no longer grey and translucent). Remove the shrimp from the skillet and set it aside until later.
4. Add the can of tomatoes with juices to the skillet, along with the crushed red pepper flakes, salt, and some freshly cracked pepper. Stir to combine and let the sauce simmer over medium heat for about five minutes.
5. When the sauce has thickened slightly, add the cooked and drained pasta. Toss to coat in the sauce. Add the cooked shrimp back to the skillet and toss to combine with the pasta. Taste and adjust the salt if needed.
6. Roughly chop a handful of parsley leaves and sprinkle over top before serving.