SPICY SLOW COOKER BEEF AND BELL PEPPER
- 2 lbs beef chuck, thinly sliced
- 2 cups chopped to 1 inch squares bell pepper
- ½ medium onion, peeled, cut in half, sliced
- 1 cup broth or 1 cup water + 3 bullion cubes
- 2 tsp freeze dried garlic
- ⅓ cup chopped parsley
- 2 tsp salt
- 1 tsp black pepper
- 1 tsp – 1 Tbsp Sriracha sauce
- ½ cup water
- 2 Tbsp corn starch
- Place the meat on the bottom of the slow cooker. Top with sliced onion. For even better flavor, sauté onion in skillet until golden brown, then add it to the slow cooker.Top with cut up bell pepper. Sprinkle with salt, pepper and garlic.
- Mix the broth with Sriracha, or water, bullion cubes and Sriracha. Pour over the peppers and beef.
- (if using bullion cubes, add only 1 tsp salt). Set on high heat for 3.5-4 hours.
- Mix ½ cup water and 2 tablespoons corn starch. Add 1 cup of liquid from the meat & pepper mixture and cook on medium heat until boiling, then cook 2 minutes past boil to remove the cornstarch flavor. Add this mixture back to the meat and bell peppers. Sprinkle with chopped parsley, stir and serve.
- Serve hot over rice, noodles or mashed potatoes.