BEEF NOODLE STIR FRY
The easiest stir fry ever! And you can add in your favorite veggies, making this to be the perfect clean-out-the-fridge type meal!
• 2 (7-ounce) refrigerated udon noodles, seasoning sauce packets discarded*
• 1 tablespoon olive oil
• 8 ounces beef top sirloin filet, thinly sliced across the grain
• 8 ounces cremini mushrooms, sliced
• 6 ounces broccoli florets
• 2 carrots, diced
For the sauce
• 1/3 cup reduced sodium soy sauce
• 3 tablespoons oyster sauce
• 1 tablespoon brown sugar, packed
• 1 tablespoon freshly grated ginger
• 2 cloves garlic, pressed
• 1 teaspoon sesame oil
• 1/4 teaspoon crushed red pepper flakes
• 1/4 teaspoon ground black pepper
• In a small bowl, whisk together soy sauce, oyster sauce, brown sugar, ginger, garlic, sesame oil, red pepper flake and ground black pepper; set aside.
• In a large pot of boiling water, cook udon noodles according to package instructions; drain well.
• Heat olive oil in a large skillet over medium high heat. Add beef and cook, flipping once, until browned, about 3-4 minutes; set aside.
• Stir in mushrooms, broccoli and carrots to the skillet. Cook, stirring frequently, until tender, about 3-4 minutes. Stir in udon noodles, beef and soy sauce mixture until well combined, about 2-3 minutes.
• Serve immediately.
*Udon is Japanese-style thick wheat noodles and can be found in the refrigerated aisle of your local grocery store.