PENNE, SAUSAGE & VEGGIES IN WHITE WHINE GARLIC SAUCE
1 box of bow tie pasta
1 package of Italian Sausage
1 bunch of asparagus, ends trimmed and sliced
1 pint grape tomatoes, sliced in half
1 package of baby spinach (or frozen)
1 package of sliced mushrooms
2 or 3 garlic cloves, crushed
1/2 cup dry white wine (or vermouth)
1/2 cup low sodium organic chicken stock
2 tablespoons of extra virgin olive oil
1 tablespoon italian seasoning (blend of garlic, oregano, basil)
1 tablespoon fresh shaved Parmesan cheese
pinch of salt and pepper
1. Cook pasta according to instructions.
2. Place chopped garlic and 1 tablespoon of olive oil in pan and let simmer for 1-2 minutes and low-medium heat. Add chopped asparagus, tomatoes, mushrooms and sautee for a few minutes until they get tender. Add baby spinach and sautee a few more minutes until spinach is soft. Sprinkle with italian seasonings and stir until blended.
3. Add wine and chicken stock, stir and lower heat. Let simmer for a few minutes.
4. While veggies are simmering, take out a grill pan and place 1 tablespoon olive oil and grill sausages until no longer pink. Remove casings if you like.
5. When penne is done, remove from heat, drain and add to veggie mixture. Stir and remain on low heat. Add sliced sausage and stir until well blended. Sprinkle parmesan on top. ENJOY ! Makes 6 servings. Isn’t it lovely?