ONE POT SPICY THAI NOODLES
- 1 pound linguine
- 2 TBS olive oil, divided
- 2 large eggs, lightly beaten
- 1/2 tsp crushed red pepper flakes
- 1 zucchini, cut in half vertically, then sliced in half circles
- 8 ounces mushroom, chopped
- 3 cloves garlic, minced
- 2 TBS brown sugar
- 1/3 cup low sodium soy sauce
- 3 TBS Sriracha hot sauce
- 2 inches fresh ginger, grated
- 1 handful fresh cilantro, chopped
- 4 green onions, chopped
- 1/4 cup peanuts, chopped
- 1. In a large stock pot, fill halfway with water, salt, and bring to a boil. Add linguine and cook according to package directions. Drain and set aside.
- 2. In a medium bowl combine brown sugar, soy sauce, sriracha, and ginger; whisk well to combine; set aside.
- 3. Return large stock pot to stove, heat over medium heat, add 1 TBS olive oil. Add beaten eggs and red pepper flakes and stir to scramble the eggs. Once cooked, set aside with pasta.
- 4. Return large stock pot to stove, heat remaining 1 TBS oil over medium heat. Add zucchini, mushrooms, and garlic. Saute over medium high heat for 3-4 minutes or until veggies are cooked through.
- 5. Turn heat down to low, add pasta and eggs back to pot, then pour the sauce mixture over the top. Using a wooden spoon, stir well to coat pasta and vegetables with sauce. Remove from heat, add peanuts, green onions, and cilantro; stir to combine.
- 6. Serve immediately.
- Notes: Serve warm or cold – it’s great both ways! If you want to add a protein, I suggest cooking it after the eggs and then setting aside. If you add shrimp, you can add that in towards the end, when there is about 2-3 minutes left with for the veggies to cook.