This recipe is sure to satisfy some chocolate cravings!
CHOCOLATE PUDDING POKE CAKE
- 1 Devil’s Food or Dark Chocolate Cake Mix
- Whatever ingredients are listed on the box to make the cake.
- 1 box (3.4 oz.) Instant chocolate pudding
- 1 box (5.9 oz) Instant chocolate pudding
- 3 cups of milk
- 1 jar of Mrs. Richardsons’ Hot Fudge
- 1 8 oz container of Cool Whip
- 1 12 oz bag of semi sweet mini chocolate chips
- Prepare your cake as per the instructions on the cake box in a 9×13 cake pan.
- After taking it out of the oven, poke holes in the cake with the end of a wooden spoon or a straw.
- Mix 2 cups of the milk with the smaller box of instant pudding. Quickly pour over your cake trying to fill in the holes.
- Remove the lid from the jar of hot fudge and microwave until easily spreadable. I put mine in for about 15-20 seconds but your microwave temp may vary.
- Spread the hot fudge on top of your cake and let cool.
- When the cake is completely cooled, mix the last 1 cup of milk with the larger box of instant chocolate pudding then quickly and carefully fold in the Cool Whip.
- Spread on top of the hot fudge layer.
- Finally, layer the entire bag of mini chocolate chips over the whipped cream layer.
- Cover and refrigerate for at least 4 hours before serving.