SPICY STEAK STIR FRY
- 1 package stir fry steak strips or chunks
- 1 red bell pepper (or any other color)
- 1/2 teaspoon minced garlic
- 1 cup uncooked rice
- 1 tablespoon chilli garlic oil (or olive oil)
- 2 teaspoon sesame oil
- 1/4 cup less sodium soy sauce
- 2 tablespoons sriracha
- 1/2 teaspoon cornstarch
- Sesame seeds for garnishing (optional)
- First slice the bell pepper into thin slices, set aside. Cut all fat from the steak, set aside. In a small bowl combine soy sauce, sriracha, and cornstarch, mix with a whisk until cornstarch is dissolved, set aside. Start cooking the rice.
- Heat 1 tablespoon chilli garlic oil and 1 teaspoon sesame oil in a large saucepan over medium heat, toss in peppers and garlic. Cook for 5 minutes, stirring occasionally. Place peppers in a bowl, set aside.
- With 5 minutes left on the rice, add remaining oil to the same sauce pan over medium high heat. Toss steak chunks, cook for 90 seconds on each side. Pour soy sauce, sriracha, and cornstarch mixture over the steak, mix well and let simmer. Add in peppers and let it heat together.
- Once hot, serve steak and peppers over rice.
- Garnish with sesame seeds.