CRAB & PIQUANTE PEPPERS OVER SIMPLE SPAGHETTI
• 1 box spaghetti
• 3 tbsp extra-virgin olive oil
• 4-6 Piquante peppers, seeds removed and chopped
• 2 garlic cloves, finely chopped
• 1lb fresh or canned white crab meat
• ½ cup, white wine
• 2 tablespoons of butter
• squeeze of lemon (optional)
• large handful flat-leaf parsley, chopped
• salt and pepper
1. Bring a large pot of salted water to the boil and add the spaghetti. Give it a good stir and boil for 1 min less than the package says. Drain and reserve about a half a cup of the pasta water.
2. While the pasta cooks, gently heat the olive oil with the garlic in a pan large enough to hold all the cooked pasta.
3. Cook the garlic very gently until it starts to sizzle, then turn up the heat and add the white wine and peppers.
4. Simmer everything until the wine and olive oil come together.
5. Add the crab meat, using a rubber spatula or wooded spoon, gently break up the crab meat.
6. Add the spaghetti and butter and toss together gently and allow to cook for one more minute until the pasta is al dente. If it starts to look a bit dry, add some of the reserved pasta water & serve.
7. Add a squeeze of lemon & salt and pepper to taste.