BAKED ZITI CHICKEN PARMESAN
• 12 ounces ziti
• 2 cups chopped, cooked chicken (2-3 small chicken breasts)
• 1 (25 ounce) jar of your favorite pasta sauce
• 1 1/2 cups shredded mozzarella cheese
• 1/3 cup freshly-grated Parmesan cheese
• 1/4 cup packed fresh basil leaves, roughly chopped
1. Preheat oven to 375 degrees F.
2. Cook the pasta al dente in a large stockpot of well-salted boiling according to package instructions. Drain. Return pasta to the stockpot and add chicken and tomato sauce. Gently toss to combine until the pasta is evenly coated.
3. Pour half of the pasta into a greased 11×7-inch or 9×13-inch baking dish. Sprinkle evenly with 1 cup of mozzarella cheese, half of the Parmesan cheese and half of the basil. Layer the remaining half of the pasta evenly on top. Sprinkle evenly with the remaining 1/2 cup of mozzarella cheese.