Sorry, this has taken several days to get this together and post. I was nominated by the awesome Cosmetic Chaos. She happens to be my favorite blogger and has been quite an inspiration and help to me. Check out her blog, you won’t be sorry.
Rules for the Beauty Blogger Award
• State the name of the blogger who nominated you
• Make up 15 fashion or beauty questions for your nominees to answer
• Answer the 15 questions you were given
• Nominate 15 people for the award
• List 10 random facts about you
• The people you nominate have to have less than 200 followers
• Let the people you nominated know they were nominated
1) Tell me your favorite blush, brand & shade.
I’m a huge fan of Hard Candy Cosmetics. I love how intense the colors are and the fact that they don’t feel heavy or cakey on your face (if that makes any sense). My favorite blush is Blush Crush in Living Doll. It comes closest to Clinique’s blush in Clover that I wore forever until it was discontinued several years ago. I spent so much money and tried so many different blushes but I could never find one that I was truly happy with.
2) What’s your perfect transition shade in terms of eye shadow, brand & shade?
I have a hard time “Stepping Out of the Box” so I have a tendency to always revert back to light pinks as a transition shade. Listed below, you will see my “go to” palettes, and I usually pick a light shade of pink from there.
3) What is your current go to handbag/tote/cross-body? (share a pic if you want)
Ok, call me crazy but my favorite brand of bags is Louis Vuitton. I’ve had my current bag for a couple of years and I can fit pretty much anything into it and well, I just love it. My wallet is a Coach wallet because I refused to pay $880 for a Louis Vuitton wallet. LOL!
4) Do you have a pair of favorite sandals/wedges?
Anyone who knows me knows that I am a flip-flop/sandal fanatic. I would where these all year-long, if I could. I have many pairs; some that I have never even worn because there are a few that are my simply my “go to” flip flops. I’m sure you can understand.
5) What’s your favorite fragrance/perfume for summer?
I am very funny about scents. I have a tendency to wear stuff that have a sweeter side. I am currently wearing Burberry and have been wearing this for the past 13 years. I know what you’re thinking but I have tried other perfumes and I just don’t like them. I was thoroughly convinced that I wanted Light Blue by Dolce Gabbana and Candy by Prada. I bought both of them and returned both of them. I just like my Burberry.
6) What eye shadow palette are you currently reaching for the most?
To be completely honest, there are 3 palettes that I use continuously. I have been using Hard Candy’s Mod Quad Eye Shadow Palette in Pink Interlude (Walmart $9), Mac’s Veluxe Pearlfusion Shadow in Pinkluxe (Mac Store $40) and Smashbox Double Exposure Palette (Ulta $52). There are times when I am using one color out of each palette per use. I like mixing things up a bit.
7) Do you have a favorite brow product?
Ok, so don’t everyone lose it at once but I don’t use any brow products. I would really like to learn how to apply it and no matter how many times I watch “how to” videos, I just can’t get the hang of it and I really don’t know what products to buy.
8) What nail polish are your toes currently rocking?
I am wearing Revlon Nail Enamel in Saucy and of course Seche Vite, which I think happens to be the best, shiniest, fastest drying top coat ever.
9) What’s your favorite hairstyle for summer?
It’s all about the sloppy/messy bun. I usually rock this all year long. Being a full-time nanny is all my hair allows. I only straighten my hair when I am going somewhere which is hardly ever.
10) What lipstick are you itching to rock this summer, brand & shade?
A few months ago, I tried Sephora Collection Rouge Shine Lipstick in Duchess. I have never tried a Sephora brand anything and I am absolutely in love with this lipstick. The lipstick stays on a long time without having to reapply and I wear it everywhere.
11) Gimme a description of your perfect summer night outfit.
I truly love a good maxi skirt and of course a good sandal to go along with it. There really isn’t anything else to say. 🙂
12) How do you apply your foundation, beauty blender, foundation brush? Name a specific brand & brush.
I use a Duo-Sided Sponge by Mac to apply my foundation and I use e.l.f. Studio Kabuki Face Brush to apply my powder.
13) What tool do you use to curl/wave your hair?
I use Hot Tools K.I.S. Straightener to not only straighten my hair but I sometimes use it to add waves. I also use Hot Tools Big Bumper 1-1/2″ Professional Spring Grip Curling Iron for more of a curl and more intense waves.
14) Do you have a favorite song for when you are doing your makeup or getting ready?
15) What clothing item did you last purchase?
10 Random facts about me:
• I love to cook and bake more than anything
• My husband and I had the same last name before we were married
• I have 2 amazing children; ages 21 and 14
• I am a full-time nanny for 2 different families
• I’m a Pinterest junkie
• I absolutely hate the area that I live in (Joliet, Illinois)
• I would love to have another baby
• I love watching scary movies
• I recently changed from a Galaxy Note 4 to an Iphone 6+ and I flippin hate it
• Fall is my favorite time of the year
If you are reading this I nominate you! Please ping it back to me I want to read!