SHRIMP SCAMPI WITH SPINACH AND SUN DRIED TOMATOES
• ½ lb. fettuccine cooked
• 4 Tablespoons olive oil, divided
• 2 Tablespoons butter
• 2 Tablespoon fresh lemon juice, divided
• 4 garlic cloves, minced
• 1 lb. raw shrimp, peeled, deveined shrimp, tails removed (thawed, if frozen)
• ½ teaspoon crushed red pepper
• ¼ teaspoon salt
• Dash of pepper
• ½ cup white wine
• ⅓ cup sun-dried tomatoes
• 3 cups fresh baby spinach
• ¼ cup fresh parsley, chopped
1. Cook the pasta according to the package and set aside once done cooking.
2. While the pasta is cooking heat a large skillet over medium high heat and add the 2 Tablespoons olive oil, 2 Tablespoons butter and 1 Tablespoon lemon juice and stir until the butter melts. Add the minced garlic, crushed red pepper and a dash of salt and pepper and stir until fragrant, about 30-40 seconds.
3. Add the shrimp and cook, turning occasionally, until pink and opaque, about 4 minutes. Set aside.
4. In the same skillet over medium heat add the white wine and 1 Tablespoon lemon juice and let simmer for 1 minute, using a wooden spoon to scrape the brown bits off of the pan. Add the sun-dried tomatoes, spinach and pasta into the white wine and sauté until the spinach is wilted.
5. Add the shrimp and fresh parsley and sauté for 1 minute.
6. Serve warm with freshly grated parmesan, parsley and lemon zest.