ITALIAN POT ROAST
• 3-5 pound beef roast
• Olive oil
• 1 can low-sodium beef broth
• ½ cup red wine
• 3-4 cloves garlic
• 2 tsp Italian seasonings
• 1 cup (8 oz) sliced mushrooms
• 1 medium onion sliced
• 1 cup diced carrots
• 3 stalks celery; chopped
• 1 heaping tbsp freshly chopped parsley
• 1 8-oz can tomato sauce
• Salt and pepper; to taste
• 2 pounds sliced mushrooms
• 3 tbsp butter; divided
• 1 tbsp olive oil
• 2 tbsp flour
• 3½ +/- cups liquid from roast
• Salt/pepper/garlic to taste
1. In a hot pan, add a small amount of olive oil and sear the roast on all sides.
2. Remove from heat. In a slow roaster, add roast and all the remaining ingredients under the roast directions.
3. Cook on low for 6 hours or until ready to serve.
4. Once ready to serve dinner, remove roast from slower cooker and set aside allowing it to rest.
5. In the same pan that you seared the roast with earlier, add one tbsp butter and one tbsp olive oil.
6. Pull up any stuck on bits from searing the roast.
7. Add the mushrooms and sauté them―about 6 minutes, give or take.
8. Once cooked to your personal liking, remove them from the pan and set aside.
9. Return pan to heat and add two tbsp butter and melt.
10. Slowly add 2 tbsp flour, whisking to create a roux.
11. Once the roux is in a paste-like consistency, slowly add the liquid from the roast, making sure to incorporate the roux completely.
12. Add the reserved mushrooms and any liquid from resting.
13. If needed, add any salt, pepper, and/or garlic.
14. Bring to a low boil and allow simmering for a few minutes.
15. Remove from heat.
16. Serve mushroom sauce over sliced beef roast.
<a href=”http://www.bloglovin.com/blog/14346669/?claim=c2cju9knpjn”>Follow my blog with Bloglovin</a>