FARFALLE AND ITALIAN SAUSAGE
• 1 16 oz box of Farfalle “Bowtie” Pasta
• 1 lb package of Hot or Mild Italian Sausage (crumbled)
• 8-12 oz mozzarella cheese (grated)
• 1 medium onion (chopped)
• 3-4 cloves of garlic (chopped)
• 1 28 oz can of diced tomatoes
• 1 tsp basil
• 1 tsp oregano
• Salt and pepper
• 1 Tbsp cooking oil (any kind)
1. Remove sausage from casing and add to large skillet.
2. Crumble and cook over medium heat until done.
3. Drain grease from sausage, reserving 2 tablespoons of grease. Set sausage aside.
4. Add 2 tablespoons of grease back to pan.
5. Add chopped onions and garlic to pan. Saute onions and garlic until done.
6. Add diced tomatoes to skillet with onions and garlic.
7. Add basil, oregano, salt and pepper to the tomato mixture.
8. Cook for about 5 minutes over medium heat.
9. Add Italian Sausage to skillet and bring to a boil.
10. Cover and simmer on low for approximately 30 minutes, stirring occasionally.
11. In a large pan, fill with water; add oil and salt to pan.
12. Bring water to a boil.
13. Cook Farfalle “Bowtie” pasta according to package directions.
14. Drain and rinse with hot water and put back in pan.
15. Add sausage mixture to pan with pasta.
16. Add mozzarella cheese to pan and mix well until melted and well blended.