PORK CHOPS WITH BRANDY MUSHROOM SAUCE
• 4 thick cut pork chops
• 4 cups sliced mushrooms
• 2-3 large shallots thinly sliced
• 2 tbsp chopped chives
• 2 cloves finely minced garlic
• ½ cup brandy
• 1 cup heavy cream
• ½-1 cup chicken stock
• 1 tbsp. sunflower oil (any cooking oil will do)
• 1 tsp fresh ground pepper
• 1 tsp salt
1. Heat oil in large skillet.
2. Salt and pepper pork chops, fry medium high heat for about 5-7 minutes per side. Internal temperature of 160 degrees. If pork chops are quite thick I usually pan fry to get nice brown sear on both sides then transfer to baking dish to finish cooking in the oven at 350 degrees. (do not cover)
3. Remove pork chops from skillet, transfer to baking dish and keep warm in oven while you prepare sauce.
4. Add sliced mushrooms to pan and cooked until golden brown. (if needed add a bit more oil or butter to skillet)
5. When mushrooms are almost done add shallots and garlic and cook for additional few minutes.
6. Add brandy to deglaze skillet.
7. Stir in heavy cream and cook until sauce has thickened slightly.
8. Gradually add chicken stock until sauce gets to desired consistency.
9. Season with salt and pepper.
10. Add pork chops back to skillet.
11. Garnish with chopped chives and serve with your favorite side dish.