SPICY BEEF & PEPPER STIR-FRY
1. 1 lb strip steak trimmed and cut in bite size pieces.
2. 1/2 cup low sodium soy sauce
3. 1/2 cup water
4. 2 tablespoons mirin
5. 2 tablespoons Worcestershire sauce
6. 1 tablespoon fresh ginger
7. 1/2 teaspoon garlic powder
8. 3 teaspoons cornstarch
9. 1 large red pepper cut in at least 1/2 inch strips
10. 1 large green pepper cut in at least 1/2 inch strips
11. 1 large onion diced
12. 1 broccoli crown separated into large bite size pieces
13. 3 garlic cloves finely minced
14. canola oil
15. sesame oil
16. 3-4 teaspoons sriracha
1. Combine soy sauce, water, mirin, Worcestershire sauce, ginger, garlic powder and cornstarch in a medium ceramic bowl. Mix with whisk. Add the beef strips and allow marinading for 60 minutes.
2. Heat wok with one tablespoon canola oil and one tablespoon sesame oil until smoking. Your wok should be very hot. Swirl to coat the wok. Stir the beef in the marinade to get the cornstarch mixed again. Remove the beef from the marinade and carefully add to the wok. Do NOT discard the marinade. Cook for about 5-6 minutes stirring halfway through. Remove cover and keep warm.
3. Add another tablespoon of sesame oil. Add the broccoli and cook for about 1-2 minutes stirring once. Add the peppers and onions and cook for 3-4 minutes stirring once or twice. Add the garlic and cook for 1 minute. Remove all veggies from wok and keep warm.
4. Stir the marinade to mix the cornstarch again. Add to the wok and bring to a boil. Stir often. Boil for 1-2 minutes until thickened. Add the cooked beef and vegetables back to the wok. Add 3-4 teaspoons of sriracha to taste. Stir and heat for 1-2 minutes and serve.