ITALIAN CHICKEN CASSEROLE
• 1 lb cooked and cubed chicken breasts (or use a rotisserie)
• 1 box (16oz) linguine noodles
• 2 Tbsp olive oil
• 4 cloves garlic, pressed
• 1/2 cup tomatoes, chopped
• 2 Tbsp cornstarch
• 1 cup chicken broth
• 2 cup heavy cream
• 1 cup milk
• 1 1/2 tsp kosher salt
• 1/2 tsp black pepper
• 5oz pkg fresh spinach
• 1/2 cup parmesan cheese, grated
• 2 cup shredded mozzarella cheese, divided
1. Cook linguine according to package directions. Drain and set aside.
2. In a large skillet, heat olive oil over medium high heat. Add garlic and tomatoes. Cook for about 2 minutes. Sprinkle with cornstarch, mix thoroughly.
3. Add chicken broth, heavy cream and milk, whisking quickly. Add salt and pepper. Heat for about 10 minutes, stirring occasionally. Add spinach and parmesan cheese. Remove from heat. Pour sauce over cooked noodles. Add cooked chicken and pour into a large casserole dish (13×9 size). Top with mozzarella cheese. You can bake immediately, or cover with foil and place in refrigerator until dinner.
4. If baking immediately, bake covered with foil for 350 degree for 25 minutes. Remove foil and bake an additional 5 minutes until cheese is browned.
5. If baking after the dish has been refrigerated, bake covered with foil in a 350 degree oven for 45 minutes. Remove foil and bake an additional 5-10 minutes. ENJOY!